We offer specialised support, information, advice and advocacy for carers of adults with learning difficulties in Bristol and South Glos. This includes:
- Information workshops and training on a range of topics relevant to learning difficulty carers
- Our quarterly newsletter for local learning difficulty carers
- Offering emotional support and practical information and advice over the phone
- Signposting to other services for further support
- Reference/focus groups to identify issues affecting learning difficulty carers which need to be raised with the local Council, NHS, education providers or care providers
- Recruiting, training and supporting carer representatives for the Learning Difficulty Partnership Boards (LDPBs)
For information on health, housing, transition and how to get involved, use the links on the right side of this page.
Download this information sheet compiled by NHS Bristol for quick reference to learning difficulty support services in Bristol.
Bristol contact information
Other sections of this website that you may find useful are:
To search for other local health, wellbeing and community services, go to Wellaware. This is a database of services in Bristol, South Gloucestershire and Bath & North East Somerset (managed by the Care Forum).
You may also want to use an independent advocate. Advocates provide a voice to people who need support to make choices. You can access independent advocacy (subject to resources) around issues relating to social care from The Care Forum by calling free phone 0808 808 5252.
The Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities has produced a useful guide for parents of children (of any age) with a learning disability. It includes sections on legislation, emergency planning and when your child moves away from home.