We are always grateful for any fundraising that you undertake on our behalf. If you’ve got your own ideas to raise funds for The Carers’ Support Centre, we would simply encourage you to go ahead and let us know how you get on. If you want to help but aren’t quite sure how to get started, please get in touch.
If you are looking for an idea, how about some of these?
- Tea and chat: get your friends together, for tea and cakes. Charge a fee and donate the money you raise.
- Sponsored events: sponsored events are a good way to raise money. How about the old favourites such as a sponsored walk, silence or swim? Or, if you are entering a sporting event, such as a fun run or half marathon, why not choose to raise sponsorship for The Carers’ Support Centre at the same time.
- Jumble sale: people love a good rummage and it’s always a good fundraiser.
- Karaoke evening: ask a local pub to host a Karaoke night for you and charge people to get in or take part.
- Promises auction: try to get people to donate a gift, the promise of their time or use of their belongings.
- Quiz night: always a favourite whether it is at home, at work, in a club or in a pub. Charge people to take part.
Do you work in a large office or factory? Maybe a friend, family member or neighbour does? How about one of these ideas for the workplace:
- Dress down Friday: this is ideal if you work in a formal office environment. Colleagues are charged for the privilege of wearing more casual clothes to work on a designated day.
- Office sweepstake: how about running a sweepstake on something fun? How many times will a colleague leave their desk? How many phone calls will reception get in a day? Charge people a pound per guess and donate 50% of the pot.