Caring for a family member can have a huge impact on a young adult carer’s (YAC) health, wellbeing and education.
Our service for 16 – 25 year old carers includes:
- one-to-one support to a small number of the most in need , helping them understand their rights and get the steer they need to make choices in life beyond their demanding caring roles – in education, health, housing and employment.
- Caring with Confidence training to help them be better informed, feel more valued and more confident in their caring role.
- a peer support group to enable young people to share experiences and feelings, build self-esteem and resilience.
- identifying and providing support in further education colleges and universities, delivered in partnership with Young Carers in Education.
- workshops for carers, and training to employers, to improve education and work opportunities.
Connect with others
Matter is an online community for young adult carers to connect, share stories, and exchange trusted support. It is run by Carers Trust, a national charity of which we are a network partner.
Sign up now HERE