Information and support
We offer a specialised support service for carers of adults with learning disabilities in Bristol and South Glos. This includes:
- One-to-one support: we offer home visits to talk about services, benefits and support available for people with learning disabilities and for the people who care for them.
- Emotional support and help with making the caring role less stressful
- Peer support groups for carers to raise issues and share experiences. This is an opportunity to meet informally with other carers who also care for a family member with a learning disability.
- Information workshops and training
- Specialist newsletter twice a year: you can see back copies of the newsletter below.
- Signposting to other services for further support
Carer involvement work
- We bring together small groups to identify issues affecting learning disability carers. We can then raise issues and ask questions of the local Council, NHS, education providers or care providers.
- We provide training and support for carer representatives who attend the Learning Disability Partnership Boards (LDPBs).
If you are interested in finding out more about the role of carer representatives, please do get in touch for an informal chat.