If you are in work, but need support to help you balance work and care, we can help with:
Download our Carers in Paid Employment leaflet
We can help carers with:
- onsite carers training detailing support services available
- carers helpline and email service providing information, advice and signposting
- one-to-one confidential support sessions and surgeries
- access to carers passport documentation to record caring situation
- carers advocacy within the workplace
- access to local carers groups
- telephone ‘check-in’ service
Through one-to-one support we can help negotiate flexible working arrangements with employers, such as flexible start and finish times; reduced or annualised hours; term time working, job sharing and part time working; home working.
You may find these information sheets useful:
National pilot project
This programme is part of a national pilot to support carers who are juggling work whilst caring. It is a partnership between Carers Support Centre with South Gloucestershire Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group. It is one of nine pilot sites in England trialing support for carers in paid employment.