Carers Support Centre is supporting carers and former carers aged 16+ to feel more confident and better prepared in seeking training and employment opportunities across Bristol, South Gloucestershire, BANES & North Somerset.
Our employment team are currently working from home to support you.
If you need support to access work, training or volunteering, please contact us. Or, if you’re already working, but are struggling with juggling work alongside caring please see what support we can offer.
Use the contact form at the bottom of this page, or call us on 0117 377 1015.
Carers will receive one-to-one tailored support that identifies their needs, creating a supportive action plan that fits around their caring responsibilities.
- Help with creating or updating your CV
- Job application support
- Mock interviews and preparation support
- Access to local training courses and workshops such as confidence building or IT skills
- Help with Better Off Calculations
- Sourcing flexible work placements
- Links with flexible local employers
- carer or former carer aged 16+
- unemployed for more than 12 months or economically inactive
- living in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, BANES or North Somerset
- evidence of legal right to work in the United Kingdom
Read more about caring and employment in our help and advice section.
West of England Works partnership
We are able to carry out this work through the West of England Works. This is an exciting partnership which aims to help unemployed people in the West of England find employment.
Led by Weston College, the partnership includes a range of voluntary and community organisations based in Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, and Bath and North East Somerset. It will support at least 1537 young people and adults into gaining employment through a community-based support programme.
The project is part of the Building Better Opportunities programme, and has received £6 million of funding from the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.