Caring for a family member can have a huge impact on a young adult carer’s (YAC) health, wellbeing and education.
Our service for 16 – 25 year old carers includes:
- One-to-one support to a small number of the most in need , helping them understand their rights and get the steer they need to make choices in life beyond their demanding caring roles – in education, health, housing and employment.
- Support with transition to Adult Services.
- Caring with Confidence training to help them be better informed, feel more valued and more confident in their caring role.
- A peer support group to enable young people to share experiences and feelings, build self-esteem and resilience.
- Identifying and providing support in further education colleges and universities, delivered in partnership with our Schools Work Development Officer
- Workshops for carers, and training to employers, to improve education and work opportunities.
Download our Young Adult Carers leaflet