We are excited to announce we have secured further funding for our Befriending and Connection Service.
With the new funding from St Monica Trust, and based on a survey of cares last year, our befriending service will have a slightly different look – this will be for carers aged 50 and over in South Gloucestershire and, in addition to providing befriending support, we will link carers into other community-based support and ‘match’ carers together when the service ends, for ongoing peer support.
The service will start in April and again further details will be shared very soon.
In the meantime, don’t forget we have CarersLine, our confidential information and support service for carers in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. We make time for everyone who contacts us and understand the difficulties that carers face.
CarersLine is open:
Monday to Friday: 10 am – 1 pm
Monday to Thursday: 2 pm – 4 pm
(Closed on Bank Holidays)
0117 965 2200
An answerphone operates outside of these hours and your call will be returned when the helpline next opens.
Alternatively, use our contact form to receive a personal reply the same or the next working day.
Further help and advice
- Befriending Service (ageuk.org.uk) (South Glos)
- Befriending – Changes Bristol telephone support specifically around mental health (Bristol)
- Befriending Service – Womankind Bristol offering three Befriending Services to women across Bristol & South Glos around mental health issues, isolation and sexual violence (Bristol)
- Befriending Service – Reengage telephone befriending service for LGBT+ aged 75 years + to break isolation & loneliness
- Befriending and social inclusion – WECIL – Supporting Independent Living for disabled adults (18+) with a long-term condition to be teamed up with a telefriender (Bristol & South Gloucestershire)
- Check-in & Chat – BS3 Community Telephone Befriending Service for people living in the BS3 area of Bristol only (Southville/Bedminster) who are feeling lonely, isolated or cannot go out
Page last updated 23.01.24