We are delighted to announce that we are now recruiting for volunteers once again and we need your support!
We have around 150 volunteers who add enormous value to the services we offer carers in Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
Volunteering with Carers Support Centre provides a great opportunity to contribute in a positive way to carers’ lives and for you to gain new skills and experience.
We ask for a minimum six month commitment and you can expect that, as a volunteer:
- Your contribution will be recognised and appreciated
- Your volunteer role will make the best use of your time, skills and experience
- You will be provided with on-going support, training and feedback
- You will be reimbursed for travel costs/expenses linked to your volunteer role
We are always looking for new volunteers to join our friendly team at Carers Support Centre, so if you would like to meet people, learn new skills, use your spare time in a rewarding way and make a difference to carers lives’, please contact Marilyn Crump, Volunteer Co-ordinator on: 0117 958 9906 or email: MarilynC@carerssupportcentre.org.uk or use our online contact form.
We currently have the following opportunities:
Carers Support Centre provides services for unpaid carers of all ages in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. This includes a confidential telephone support line, one-to-one support and carers’ groups, counselling, employment support, activities for carers to take some time out, short breaks and training.
We are looking for a Communications Volunteer to help communicate our range of services to unpaid carers. You will gain experience of a wide range of communications activities. This role would be ideal for someone who has studied writing, communications or marketing, who would like the opportunity to put their skills to use and get creative!
Please note: this is a remote role and you will need to be able to work from home.
- You’ll help with a wide range of activities, from writing copy for our website and e-bulletins; to preparing newsletter articles for the local media and scheduling social media posts.
- You’ll have excellent writing and editing skills, experience of writing articles or blogs and an interest in social media marketing.
- Ideally, you’ll be able to commit to volunteering for at least one day per week (or more!) but we can be flexible.
- You will need to be comfortable working independently from home, with remote support from the Communications Officer.
- You will have an interest in supporting unpaid carers and keen to gain an understanding about the issues that they face.
We provide an excellent Induction and Training package, on-going support and opportunities for personal development.
How to apply:
Please download the application form to apply. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Freya Jeffries, Communications and Digital Media Officer Email: FreyaJ@carerssupportcentre.org.uk
Closing date: 25th September 2020
Last updated: 10/08/2020