Parent Carers

Do you have a child with special needs, a disability or a life-limiting condition? If so, you are not alone!

Carers Support Centre offers a range of services for parent carers with a child 18 years or under. These include practical and emotional support, support to complete parent carer wellbeing grant applications, advice, information and signposting.

We help to run support groups for parent carers in Bristol. A list of these groups can be found on the Bristol Parent Carers forum.

For general carers’ support and activity groups, see our carers groups.

Improving services through parent participation

In the last 10 years parent participation groups and parent carer forums have developed across England. They form a national network of parent-led organisations which are helping to shape the future of services available for children with disabilities or special educational needs.

These organisations are supported locally, but are independent, and led by parent carers. Through their experience, parents are able to give an invaluable perspective in identifying improvements to services.

These organisations work in partnership with the local authorities to create a greater understanding of parent carers’ needs and to improve service provision.

To find out about your local organisation, go to:
Bristol Parent Carers parent participation in Bristol. This forum is supported by Carers Support Centre.
South Glos Parents & Carers Forum  (formerly Our Voice Matters) parent carer participation in South Glos.

If you would like to self-complete a parent carer wellbeing grant application form please use the form below: