- provide help, support and advice to carers through their hospital journey as a carer and/ or patient, working directly on hospital wards
- liaise between the discharge team, busy ward staff and a carer and their family
- support staff to implement the Carers Charter that your Trust has signed up for
- support staff in their ‘partners in care’ work
- provide carer awareness training to staff
Anyone can make a referral to our team, including:
- hospital health professionals
- social workers
- family members
Please ensure that you obtain the consent of the carer before you contact us with their details, as we cannot follow up on a referral without this.
Contact our Hospital Carer Liaison Workers
We can be contacted by using the contact form, or by telephone:
Alex Kelly (Monday – Wednesday) – 0754 259 2623
Megan Powell (Monday – Friday) – 07763 427 688
Samantha Radford (Tuesday – Thursday and every other Monday) – 0755 741 8692
Download our Carers Liaison service leaflet
We work in University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust and North Bristol NHS Trust, helping implement their Carers Strategy.
A joint Carers Charter has been agreed upon with the two Trusts, outlining their commitment to support and work in partnership with carers.
Page last updated 05.12.23