Carers Support Centre has a team of Hospital Carer Liaison Workers who work at the BRI, Southmead Hospital and South Bristol Community Hospital.
Anyone can make a referral to our team, including hospital health professionals, GPs, social workers, carers or family members. Please ensure that you obtain the consent of the carer before you contact us with their details, as we cannot follow up a referral without this.
Our workers can:
- provide help, support and advice to carers through their hospital journey as a carer and/ or patient, working directly on hospital wards.
- liaise between the discharge team, busy ward staff and a carer and their family.
- support staff to implement the Carers Charter that your Trust has signed up for.
- support staff in their ‘partners in care’ work.
- provide carer awareness training to staff.
Contact our team by phone or use the contact form
- BRI: Holly Thomas 07557 441613 (Monday-Wednesday, alternate Fridays)
- Southmead Hospital: Sam Radford 0755 741 8692 (Monday-Wednesday)
- South Bristol Community Hospital: Judy Gowenlock 07917 880375 (Thursday-Friday, alternate Wednesdays)
Download our Carers Liaison service leaflet
We work in University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust and North Bristol NHS Trust, ensuring that their Carers Strategy is implemented. A joint Carers Charter has been agreed with the two Trusts, outlining their commitment to support and work in partnership with carers.