Here are some ways that you can shop online and raise money for us at the same time. If you don’t shop online, but a friend or someone else in your family does, you can help us by passing this information on. The more people who use these services, the more money we can raise for local carers.
Give as you Live
Do you shop online for things including homeware, clothes, train tickets, and gifts? Give As You Live turns your everyday shopping into funds for Carers Support Centre. There are over 6000 online stores registered and there’s no cost to you, or us as a charity.
Follow these simple steps to start using the service:
- Open this link: Give as you Live Online
- Click the green button that says ‘Support us, it’s free’
- Fill in your first name, surname, email, and create a password.
- It may give you the option to add the Give As You Live extension to your browser. This would allow you to use the service outside of the Give As You Live website, but for the purposes of this walkthrough, we will not do this. Instead, we’ll click ‘No thanks – continue to my account’
- In the Give As You Live search bar, type the name of a shop you’d like to shop with (for example, Ebay, Tesco, Argos or Boots). Press enter to search.
- Click on the name of the shop you’ve searched for in the search results
- Click the green button that says ‘Shop and raise’
- This will take you to the shop’s website. A small percentage of any purchase you make on that website will now be donated to Carers Support Centre.
If you need help setting up any of these accounts, we will be happy to talk you through it. Please call Dougal on 07857 964413 or use the form below.