Please read the eligibility criteria before submitting a referral.
Use the online form below to submit a referral, or download our referral form.
For professionals making a referral
All young carers have the right to an assessment, however, to help decide whether to make a referral to the Young Carers Service the young carer can fill in a simple Caring Roles Questionnaire. Responses are scored. If the young person and/ or their family would like additional support, we recommend that those who score over 10 are referred to our service.
The Questionnaire will also provide the information you need to complete our referral form. Do not include the Caring Roles Questionnaire when you send in a referral.
Full guidance on using the questionnaire is here. It also includes a wide-ranging list of support services young carers can access that can be given to parents/guardians. This questionnaire will go through a trial period up December 2023. There are feedback forms so that young people and professionals can let us know if this new tool is useful.
The overall purpose of this questionnaire is to help:
- young carers share with others what caring they are doing
- professionals better understand what the young carers are dealing with, assess if it is appropriate to refer them for additional support and provide information on the range of support young carers can access.
The guidance pack includes:
- Guidance pack: Caring roles questionnaire
- Caring roles questionnaire for young people (with feedback form)
- Caring role questionnaire follow up
- Services available to young carers (Bristol)
Submission of referral
You can return the completed form marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to: Bristol and South Glos Young Carers, Carers Support Centre, The Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 2QQ.
Alternatively, referrals can be sent to us via email. Please use a secure email service and send to us at: email@example.com.
For any enquiries, please contact us on 0117 958 9980.