Barnardos are interested in hearing from parent carers and are in the process of creating a new group to look at information for parent carers and their families regarding the new Autism Hub for children. The Autism Hub will focus mainly on diagnostic assessments.
The draft aims are:
- Develop a set of key principles for the design and development of information for parent carers and families.
- Use these principles to review information already developed, and info to be developed, especially the website ideas as this is the key interface with families.
- Use these principles to co-design key information e.g. leaflets with psychologists.
- Ensure that information produced is included in the Local Offers for all areas.
- Participate in a review process of the paperwork – perhaps in 6 months – to evaluate how it has been received by users and to make any relevant changes.
If you’re interested, please email Louise Dinner: LouiseD@carerssupportcentre.org.uk