‘Elephant in the room’ is a free event organised by South Gloucestershire Council on Wednesday 17 May 2017, 9.30am-1pm to be held at Yate Library. There will be a number of speakers on a range of topics.
It is open to everyone and will cover:
- an overview of legal and financial considerations
- information about advance decisions and mental capacity
- health and social care options
- family bereavement support
- making funeral arrangements
- stallholders who are able to offer practical advice and information
- the opportunity to ask questions of all involved
The event aims to:
- encourage you to consider and put in place arrangements for your future care and support needs
- give you practical advice and information to help you and your loved ones feel empowered, ahead of a health crisis or changes in your situation, to make clear choices
View the programme and book your place here.
Want to find out about end of life matters but aren’t able to make this event? We are offering a Thinking in Advance and Planning Ahead workshop at Carers Support Centre on Tuesday 29 September. Find out more on our training page.