Independent Mental Health Network (IMHN) is running five focus groups in December that each look at a different element of the NHS’ Community Mental Health Framework.
These focus groups will help directly shape what the roll-out of the Framework looks like in the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. It is important for carers to have a say.
- Developing peer support approaches (Tuesday 8 December at 2pm)
- Personality disorders and trauma-informed approaches (Monday 14 December at 4pm)
- Transitions from adult care to older adult care (Tuesday 15 December at 11:30am)
- Rehabilitation services (Tuesday 15 December at 2pm)
- Eating disorders (Wednesday 16 December at 5:30pm)
- Transitions of care for children and young people (Thursday 17 December at 5:30pm)
This will be your opportunity to discuss what matters most to you around the elements listed above, to help health commissioners ensure that the new services meet people’s needs.
People who attend a focus group will receive a £25 voucher as a thank you for their contributions and time.
More about the Community Mental Health Framework
The Framework was first published in September 2019, following publication of the NHS’ Long Term Plan and the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health. The framework intends to deliver person-centred mental health care in the community, and address the needs of people that have previously struggled to access effective support.