The Discharge Support Grant is a payment to cover some minor costs that might be a barrier to you or the person you care for being discharged from the hospital.
The Grant can be worth up to £1,200 and you do not need to pay it back.
Having a Discharge Support Grant will not affect any benefits you may be receiving.
Hospital Discharge Support Grants are available to people living in Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire. They cover a wide range of things to help a person leave the hospital, including:
- support with household tasks like cleaning
- someone to care for your pet
- short-term personal care for you or the person you
You cannot use a grant to cover costs for any care that
doesn’t relate to discharge from the hospital. Also, you
cannot use a Discharge Support Grant to pay for:
- everyday expenses like clothing, rent or energy costs
- debt repayment
- primary medical services like diagnostic tests
- planned surgical procedures
- certain NHS charges