Bristol Carers Open Meeting 2019 | Thursday 14th, March (last updated: 08/02/2019)
10AM – 1PM at The Vassall Centre, Gill Ave, Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 2QQ
Current status: Bookings are now live!
Programme: Coming soon!
Kim Kirby, Senior Research Fellow (Paramedic Science), UWE will talk about:
- Their research on end of life care and hear about what is important to you.
- MacMillan Cancer Support service paramedic roles.
Lucy Woodman and Lauren Tansey from Carers Support Centre will discuss how the team can help carers who want to get into or stay in paid employment.
Bristol City Council will demonstrate ’Independent Living Bristol’ an online tool primarily aimed at people with physical and mobility issues and their carers.
Open Meetings are a great way for carers to chat, stay up to date on all the latest developments in health and social care services and submit feedback to staff and carer representatives. There will also be a delicious lunch free of charge!
FAQ (updated February 2019)
- How do I get to the Vassall Centre?
Directions can be found here: http://vcconferences.co.uk/contact
- Can I bring the person I care for?
Due to the popularity of these events it is no longer possible to bring the person you care for.
- What about alternative care costs?
We can reimburse your alternative care expenses as well as travel costs – please bring receipts wherever possible.
- How do I update or cancel my booking?
Please email: DennisA@carerssupportcentre.org.uk or leave a message on: 0117 958 9902 to notify us if you need to cancel or update your booking.
- I need an interpreter, can you provide one?
With enough notice we can try our best to provide you with an interpreter. Please book a.s.a.p. and notify us of your needs.
- I am having trouble completing the form on this page…
You can also book by emailing: DennisA@carerssupportcentre.org.uk please include the necessary booking information.
- I booked but didn’t get a confirmation email…
Please check your default mailbox and junk mailbox. Working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.