Bristol Carers Open Meeting | Thursday 5 March (last updated: 05/03/2020)
10AM – 1PM at The Vassall Centre, Gill Ave, Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 2QQ
Current status: Bookings have now closed.
Programme: Now available
Organised by the Carers Support Centre, these free events are the best place for carers to meet others in similar situations, hear about the latest changes to services and support in Bristol and take part in group workshops.
The main theme for March is hospital issues, services and support, including:
- Guest speakers from Southmead Hospital and the Bristol Royal Infirmary, discussing topics including frailty, delirium, dementia, mental capacity and carers issues
- Carers Support Centre Health Liaison Service, which offers support for carers in hospitals and through GP Practices
- Q&A session with our guest panel of hospital and health professionals
There will also be an update on a photography and story project about the lives of carers and a delicious buffet lunch provided free of charge!
FAQ (updated January 2020)
- How do I get to the Vassall Centre?
Directions can be found here: http://vcconferences.co.uk/contact
- Can I bring the person I care for?
Due to the popularity of these events it is no longer possible to bring the person you care for.
- What about alternative care costs?
We can reimburse your alternative care expenses as well as travel costs – please bring receipts wherever possible.
- How do I update or cancel my booking?
Please email: DennisA@carerssupportcentre.org.uk or leave a message on: 0117 958 9902 to notify us if you need to cancel or update your booking.
- I am having trouble completing the form on this page…
You can also book by emailing: DennisA@carerssupportcentre.org.uk please include the necessary booking information.
- I booked but didn’t get a confirmation email…
Please check your mailbox and junk mailbox. Working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so please expect a delay in processing your booking form.