Carer surgeries are monthly one-to-one information, advice and support clinics for carers, provided by our Carers Support Officers. The GP practice provides the room and takes responsibility for identifying carers and booking them in for appointments. To find out more, call CarersLine on 0117 965 2200 or fill in the online contact form.
A carer surgery gives:
- support to access appropriate children or adult care services
- carer’s assessments, which may result in a direct payment to take a break from caring
- a disability and carer benefits check
- links to appropriate emotional support
- information on Carers Emergency Card.
- advice about staying in, or returning to, employment
- a chance to talk about how caring is affecting them and be recognised as an equal partner in care.