The GP practice provides the room and takes responsibility for identifying carers and booking them in for appointments.
A carer surgery gives:
- support to access appropriate children or adult care services
- carer’s assessments, which may result in a direct payment to take a break from caring
- a disability and carer benefits check
- links to appropriate emotional support
- information on Carers Emergency Card.
- advice about staying in, or returning to, employment
- a chance to talk about how caring is affecting them and be recognised as an equal partner in care.
To find out more, contact CarersLine:
CarersLine is open:
Monday to Friday: 10 am – 1 pm
Monday to Thursday: 2 pm – 4 pm
(Closed on Bank Holidays)
0117 965 2200
An answerphone operates outside of these hours and your call will be returned when the helpline next opens.
Alternatively, use our contact form to receive a personal reply the same or the next working day.