South Gloucestershire Council is consulting on its Better Care Stronger Communities voluntary sector funding programme. This includes funding for services for carers including carers’ groups, support to both adults and young carers and support to carers in health settings.
It is really important for you to feed into this consultation
Other services, in addition to ours, that could be affected include Time for Carers, carer support at Paul’s Place and holistic support for Chinese carers, dysphasia support, HIV support and dementia support.
How to have your say:
- You can fill in the online survey here
- You can download and send South Gloucestershire Council a paper survey here
You will need to respond by 9th September 2019.
The survey should only take five minutes to fill out. It asks to what extent you agree with the proposed reductions to voluntary sector funding and what impact a reduction in carers services would have on your health and wellbeing.
When responding, you might want to think about the following:
- Do you attend carers groups or activities? Would losing these services mean that you would be more isolated, stressed and have less breaks from the person you care for?
- Do you access CarersLine? How would a reduction in this service affect you? Would you have less emotional support, and would it be harder to find the information that you need as a carer?
- Have you ever had support from one of our Carer Support Officers? Have you had help in applying for benefits, advice or help in meetings with health and social care professionals? What would have happened if you hadn’t had this help?
- Do you use the sitting service? What would happen if there was a reduction in this service and you could no longer get a regular break?
- Have you had help from one of our staff at your GP surgery or when the person you are caring for has been discharged from hospital? Would things have been much harder to cope with without this support?
You can also feed your views in at the following events for carers:
- Wednesday 28th August – 1.30pm – 3.30pm, Lyde Green Community Centre
- Tuesday 3rd September – 10.30am – 12.30pm, Turnberries Community Centre, Thornbury
Book via: Caroline McAleese, Carers Support Centre: CarolineM@carerssupportcentre.org.uk or 0117 958 9989.
Further information: click here