Bristol City Council is consulting on the future of Carer Support Services (for adults) and seeking views on a new Carers Strategy. The accepted definition of a carer is anyone who provides unpaid care for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health issue or an addiction cannot cope without their support (The Carers Trust).
Carer Support Services provide support for carers. This includes advice and information services, help for carers to self-identify through awareness events, emotional and practical support, and help to inform carers of their right to receive an assessment and support to access that assessment.
A Carers Strategy can help highlight:
- What is most important to carers
- What we all want to achieve for and with carers
- What we all need to do to make things better for carers
- How we can get as many people and services aspossible to be more carer aware.
About the consulting
Your feedback will be used to help the council decide how to buy Carers Support Services (funded by Adult Social Care). Your feedback can also help the council to develop the Carers Strategy in partnership with carers, service users and stakeholders.
Services for carers will continue to be delivered throughout the commissioning process and the revised arrangements will be in place for 1st July 2020.
Give us your views
Please follow this link more information, and to give us your views. This consultation will close on 24 December 2019.
The survey is in two parts:
- Part one contains the formal consultation on the draft Commissioning Plan. The council is consulting on the future plan for how we buy carers support services in Bristol.
- Part two is an engagement exercise and not part of the formal consultation. This asks questions relating to the broader Carers Strategy and what you would like to see included.
You are welcome to respond to either the consultation only or to both the consultation and engagement sections.
If you cannot complete the surveys online, you can request alternative formats of this document, including a paper copy, by emailing email@example.com or call 07880 179218.
Drop-in consultation events
We are running drop-in consultation events during November 2019. These events will be an opportunity to ask questions about the proposals and provide your feedback. Please book a place at these events using the following links, or contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07880 179218.
- Community Links North – 11:00 to 12:30, 13th November 2019 https://carersnorth.eventbrite.co.uk
- City Hall, Room 1P08 – 17:45 to 19:00, 14th November 2019 –https://carerscentral.eventbrite.co.uk
- Bristol Community Links South, – 13:30 to 15:00, 20th November 2019 – https://carerssouth.eventbrite.co.uk
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com or call 07880 179218.