South Gloucestershire Council is developing a children and young persons (CYP) mental health and emotional wellbeing strategy, which is due to be published by the end of 2021. South Glos Parents and Carers need to hear the views of as many parents and carers, as possible, to help shape a strategy that meets the needs of local families.
Go along to the feedback group for parents and carers of all SEND children on Monday 29th March, 10-11.30am.
South Glos Parents and Carers need families to share their views on what is currently working well during COVID-19, but also to think back to services pre-pandemic, so that we can best direct their future work.
All lived experiences and views are valid and welcome, and topics for discussion include:
- what are the most important factors that help them to maintain their mental health and emotional wellbeing
- what works well in South Gloucestershire supporting their mental health and emotional wellbeing?
- what are the problems, gaps, and challenges to supporting their mental health and emotional wellbeing?
- what can be learned from the COVID-19 pandemic in how to better support mental health and emotional wellbeing?
- what one thing would make the biggest improvements in mental health and emotional wellbeing?
The feedback session is free and will take place online. Visit the South Glos Parents and Carers website to book your place.
We offer a range of services for parent carers with a child 18 years or under. These include practical and emotional support, support to complete parent carer assessments, advice, information and signposting. Find out more here.