South Gloucestershire Council are consulting on a proposal to publish a list of all licensed taxis. The idea is to provide users of the licensed taxi and private hire service in South Gloucestershire with as much information as they can to enable an informed decision on how best to travel.
Consultation on the Council’s proposal for:
- A specification for Wheelchair Accessible Taxis
- The proposal to publish a list of all licensed vehicles
The proposal is therefore to publish the following details of all licensed vehicles on the website:
- make and model of the vehicle,
- whether taxi or private hire vehicle,
- the name of operator.
- contact details
- information about the size and weight of wheelchair that can be accommodated, and
- whether wheelchairs that are larger than a “reference wheelchair” can be accommodated
- Generic photos of the type of vehicle may also be included
The Council is also consulting on a specification for wheelchair accessible vehicles. Statutory guidance states that a vehicle should only be included in the authority’s list of wheelchair accessible vehicles if it would be possible for the user of a “reference wheelchair” to enter, leave and travel in the passenger compartment in safety and reasonable comfort whilst seated in their wheelchair. The definition of “reference wheelchair” is set out in detail in the specification.
The consultation runs from 16 September – 8 December 2019.
You can respond to this consultation in the following ways:
- Read the proposed specification for Wheelchair Accessible Taxis here
- Read the proposal for public register of accessible licensed vehicles here
- Read the Access for Wheelchair users Taxi and Private Hire Vehicles Statutory Guidance
- Read the Initial Equality Impact Assessment and Analysis
- Complete the online questionnaire
- Download and print a paper copy of the survey to post to us or hand in at a local library or one stop shop
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to: South Gloucestershire Council, Corporate Research & Consultation Team, Council offices, Badminton Road, Yate, BRISTOL, BS37 5AF
This consultation has now closed.