How do we support young carers?
- a whole family young carers needs assessment
- bi-annual reviews
- Heroes group and referrals to other suitable groups locally
- breaks from caring; trips and activities
- Young Carers Voice; our young carers participation group
- Young Carers in Schools Programme
- health and wellbeing focused projects
- partnership projects including Jolibuddies mentoring
- free family days out and opportunities locally
- swimming lessons for non-swimmers
- awareness raising of young carers for a wide variety of professionals and community groups, to ensure they understand young carer issues and how best to support young carers.
We offer a tiered service depending on the individual needs of the young carer. Our service is in high demand. We therefore operate a waiting list which is prioritised based on need. It is essential that referrals include as much information as possible to ensure accurate prioritisation.
Those assessed as in high need will receive:
- one-to-one support
- intensive partnership working with other services supporting the young carer and/or family.
If a young carer’s circumstances change at any time, they can contact their key worker to review the level of support offered.