Carer surgeries are monthly one-to-one information, advice and support clinics for carers, provided by our Carers Support Officers. The GP practice provides the room and takes responsibility for identifying carers and booking them in for appointments. To find out more, contact one of our liaison workers by using the contact form, or the telephone numbers below:
Mary Bennett: for surgeries in South Gloucestershire
tel: 07557 44031
Holly Green: for surgeries in Bristol
tel: 07519 419358
A carer surgery gives:
- Support to access appropriate children or adult care services
- Carers assessments, which may result in a direct payment to take a break from caring
- A disability and carer benefits check
- Links to appropriate emotional support
- Information on Carers Emergency Card.
- Advice about staying in, or returning to, employment
- A chance to talk about how caring is affecting them and be recognised as an equal partner in care.
Download our Carers Liaison service leaflet