Carers Support Centre provides support, information and advice to unpaid carers of any age living in the Bristol and South Gloucestershire areas.
We are an independent registered charity, established in 1997.
We have more than 12,000 local carers registered with us and deliver our services with 40 (full time equivalent) members of staff and over 170 volunteers.
We are managed by a board of trustees who bring experience in operational and financial management and marketing at a senior level. Most of the trustees became involved because of their own experience of being carers. We have attained Level 2 Trusted Charity Mark status.
Carers Support Centre is a network partner of Carers Trust, benefiting from being able to share good practice with a network of over 160 partners throughout the UK. We have also gained the Carers Trust quality mark as a ‘centre of excellence’.
A better life for carers of all ages where they are recognised, valued and supported in their caring role and empowered to fulfil their own aspirations.
- We will support carers’ emotional, physical and financial health and wellbeing, building their resilience and confidence.
- We will listen to and amplify carers’ voices, enabling them to have a strong and independent influence on policy and services.
- We will support carers to be free from inappropriate levels of care and able to live a life of their own.
- We will raise awareness of carers and the issues they face, leading to communities and organisations where carers feel recognised, welcome and supported.
- Co-producing– We will be led by carers’ needs involving them in service planning and development and encouraging other organisations to do the same.
- Learning – We will constantly review and refine our services, developing and sharing good practice.
- Collaborative and connected – We will be collaborative in our approach to supporting carers, working closely with partner organisations and communities to provide holistic, sustainable support.
- Empowering – We will be enabling in our approach to supporting carers, building resilience and confidence, empowering them to achieve their own goals.
- Valuing people – We will treat staff, volunteers and those we work with, with respect and kindness, valuing diversity and the contribution they make.
Our range of services includes:
- CarersLine – confidential telephone support line and online help
- Carers Assessments
- one-to-one support
- carers groups
- Carers Emergency Card
- breaks for carers in South Gloucestershire
- information and support in hospitals and GP practices
- Walk and Talk
- support for young carers
- giving carers a voice
Page last update 11.09.23